In this blog, we will discuss the medicine which particularly harms our kidneys. knowingly or unknowingly, we are taking those & these are responsible for our physical condition after few months of consumption.
- Medicines – a lot of Pain killers can cause kidney damage, according to an article in the January/February 2013 “Aging Well,” more than 20 % of all episodes of acute kidney damage are due to medications. As kidneys work is to eliminate waste from the body. This makes kidneys very susceptible to injury, which sometimes is reversible when the causing drug is withdrawn/stopped, but this sometimes permanent. Certain risk factors increase the likelihood of someone getting drug-induced kidney damage, such as dehydration, old age, diabetes, heart disease, low blood pressure, and taking more than one kidney-damaging medication at the same time. These all we have discussed in previous blogs.
- Anti-inflammatory/Pain Killers-A research says – every year around 5 percent of the people taking Non- steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSAIDS, will have kidney damage. All Pain killers
Now, Patients with NSAID’s induced kidney failure can be treated with Ayurvedic medicine for kidney failure. Also, we have treatment and herbs specially designed for patients with arthritis and Pains which do not have any kidney damaging action. You can call the Ayurvedic pain killers.
BP medications can help to increase kidney damage by slowing down the rate at which kidneys filter blood, in addition to decreasing blood flow to the kidneys. However, ACE-inhibitors & ARBs are actually used to protect the kidneys from the damaging effects of diabetes but they also are an additional additive factor that can lead to further damage. Another group of blood pressure medications that can cause kidney failure is following:
- All Diuretics can also cause kidney failure –these are also known as water pills, like hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril)
- Furosemide (Lasix)
- Bumetanide (Bumex)
- Torsemide (Demadex, Dytor)
Instead of using these diuretics, few Herbs like Gokshura (Nephro-active plus) can help in diuresis and some patent formulations like K-stone capsule can be helpful increasing urination and act like herb diuretics without exerting any side effects on kidneys. With Ayurvedic Treatment for kidney failure complete reversal of kidney failure is possible.
Certain antibiotics — medications that kill bacteria — can also cause kidney damage. Some of the drugs affect the kidneys more than others. Polymyxin E (Colistin) and Gentamicin (Garamycin) are two of the best-known examples, with others being vancomycin (Vancocin) & Rifampin (Rifampicin). These medicines can damage kidney cells by breaking down the membranes which surround them. The symptoms of this type of kidney failure include lees urination, dark-colored urine, easy bruising, weight loss weakness & muscle pain. When patients are treated with such types of antibiotics that have the potential to cause kidney failure, so your healthcare providers monitor blood tests of kidney function and blood levels of the medication regularly.
- Certain antibiotics, widely used medicines for infection – can cause kidney damage.
- These drugs can damage kidney epithelium/cells by breaking down the membranes which surround them.
Using antibiotics in all types of Urinary infections is the first tool used by all doctors, but instead, if u use herbs treatment may take 3-4 days more but it will not lead to any of the above-said effects. That’s why few herbs like Gokshura & Punnarnava are called the Best Herbs for Kidney Function.