Reduce Protein Intake
- Stop taking protein diet which is taken by bodybuilders and to make muscles. It increases the burden on kidneys and increases the creatinine level.
- Consuming too much protein can cause a spike in creatinine levels.
- Stop eating red meat.
- Low protein diet reduces the production of nitrogenous waste which decreases the burden in kidneys.
- Choose plant sources of protein, such as beans, nuts, and tofu, may reduce creatinine levels due to high absorption.
Low Salt Intake
It is mandatory to limit salt intake for people with high creatinine. Excess use of salt increases the chances of high blood pressure which is very harmful to people with high creatinine levels. Too much salt makes you feel thirsty, and drinking too much fluid can cause swelling of the face, legs and abdomen, and an increase in blood pressure. It also increases the urine level which puts the burden on kidneys and increases creatinine levels.
Avoid vitamin c
Avoid the use of food products that contain citrus. They increase the burden on kidneys.
Increase dietary fiber
Dietary fiber helped people with chronic kidney disease lower their creatinine levels.
Many plant foods, including fruits, vegetables, seeds, and whole grains contain fiber. High dietary fiber intake is associated with a lower risk of inflammation and mortality in kidney disease. Dietary fiber also has the ability to reduce inflammation and all-cause mortality in chronic kidney disease.
Reduce the intake of fluid
Excess fluid intake can be a problem for people with kidney disease. Stop taking too much fluid.
Avoid Creatinine-Based Supplements
People who have high creatinine levels should avoid creatinine supplements. Creatinine supplements such as weight gaining products which contains Creatinine as protein. These products increase the burden on kidneys.
Smoking can worsen kidney disease and diseases that damage the kidneys, such as diabetes and high blood pressure. High blood pressure and diabetes are the major cause of kidney disease.
Regular exercise should help lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of developing kidney disease.
Use of herbs
The Ayurvedic treatment of chronic renal failure is based on three principles:
- Treating the damaged kidneys
- Treating the body tissues (dhatus) which make up the kidneys and
- Treating the known cause.
- The advantage of using Ayurvedic medicines in chronic renal failure is that in most patients, the kidney damage can be either partly or fully reversed, the frequency of dialysis can be reduced, and the increased risk of death from cardiovascular diseases can be significantly reduced. Thus, Ayurvedic Medicines have the potential for an important therapeutic contribution in all the stages of this condition.
Use Ayurvedic Herbal Supplements like
Kidney Care Kadha
It acts as a diuretic. It decreases the creatinine level in blood. Unless diuretics it has no side effects. For more information click on it
It acts as an anti-inflammatory. It reduces the swelling on the feet and body caused by kidney disorders. For more information click on it
Nephro- active plus (Gokshura)
It acts as diuretic and anti-inflammatory. It reduces the burden on kidneys & helps to reduce Creatinine levels. For more information click on it