Ekangveer Rasa is an Ayurvedic rasa Rasayana medicine in tablet form. For years it is being used in the treatment of Sciatica, Paralysis, Facial palsy, etc. in Ayurveda.
Rasayana – anti aging, rejuvenative
Bruhmana – nourishing effects
Atyanta teekshna – too strong
Vishaghna – anti toxic effects
Effect on Tridosha
Balances two doshas: Vata and Kapha Dosha
Ekangvir Ras ingredients
10 g fine powder of each of
Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbo-mineral purified Sulphur
Shuddha Parada – Herbo-mineral purified Mercury
Vangabhasma – Tin calx
Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica
Kantaloha Bhasma – Manganese calx
Tamra Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Copper
Naga bhasma – Lead calx
Tikshna Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron
Piper longum (Pippali) – Long pepper fruit
Zingiber Officinalis (Ginger Rhizome, Nagara)
Piper nigrum (Black pepper, Maricha)
Decoction from the following three items are mixed and then added to the above herbomineral mixture.
Terminalia chebula (Haritaki) – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit.
Terminalia bellirica (Vibhitaki) – Belliric Myrobalan fruit.
Emblica Officinalis Gaertn (Amalaki) – Indian Gooseberry fruit.
Decoction of following herbs in equal quantity
Vitex negundo (Nirgundi)
Trikatu – mixture of pepper, long pepper and ginger
Plumbago zeylanica (Chitraka) – Lead Wort (root)
Moringa oleifera (Shigru)
Saussurea lappa (Kushta)
Purified Strychnos nux vomica (Vishamushti)
Calotropis procera (Arka)
Datura metel (Dhattura)
Juice extract of these herbs
Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba
Amla – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
Ardaka – Fresh ginger
All the above ingredients are powdered finely. This is mixed with decoction & juice extract for 3 days each, then it is made into a paste and 125 mg pills are prepared.
Ekangvir Rasa Uses
- Prescribed in various diseases. Ayurvedic treatment for paralysis has this useful remedy. Ayurvedic treatment for Facial palsy, cervical spondylosis or lumbar spondylosis, hemiplegia, Brachial neuralgia, and such other neuro-muscular conditions contains ekangvir rasa. It is also used in Ayurvedic treatment for parkinsons.
- It is specially indicated in predominant vata disorders like Vataja grudhrasi – sciatica, Akshepaka – tremors, or Parkinson’s disease.
- It reduces excess of Vata which has migrated to limbs.
- It increases the oxidation of body cells to boost energy.
- It is indicated in pain or numbness (neuro-muscular disorders) that occurs in limbs especially.
Ekanga Veera Rasa side effects:
- Please take this medicine as advised to you by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Please donot Over-dose may lead to diarrhoea.
- Not recommended to pregnant women, lactating mothers and in children below 10 years.
- Please Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a cool dry place.
- It is contra indicated in those Vata disorders where Pitta anubandha is there. If still needed to be administered when Pitta is involved, usually it is administered along with Praval Pishti or a doctor can do mild virechana.
Reference: Bheshaj Ratnavali Udara Rogadhikara 13 – 105
We at advance Ayurveda do customize ayurvedic treatment for paralysis according to the need of the patient.