Agnitundi Vati is an Ayurvedic Herbal Formulation indicated in indigestion and fever. Agni literally means fire in Ayurveda. It is an Ayurvedic formula which helps to strengthen the digestive capacity of the intestines. It’s a widely used formulation which has digestive and carminative herbs. The herbal ingredients help to reduce intestinal gaseous distention, indigestion, and also encourage the natural digestive process. In Ayurvedic terminologies it is carminative, digestive and has vata pacifying properties. So, it is said to one of the best digestive tonic as well.
This formulation contains Nux-vomica seeds, which is known as Vishtinduka. Nux vomica is a very powerful poison when consumed in large doses as it can lead to tetanic convulsions and ultimately death. In Ayurveda, detoxification of Nux vomica is done before we use these in Agni-tundi vati. After detoxification it is used in many Ayurvedic medicines which are helpful in treating various disorders of musculoskeletal system viz. Arthritis, Muscle pain, Gout, Nerve pain etc. if given in adequate quantity. Agnitundi works well as an anticolic, appetite stimulant and digestive, with great benefit. The herb Vatsanabha possesses hot(ushna), dry(ruksha) and sharp(ugra) attributes which diminishes the peristalsis. Vidanga, Jiraka and Ajmoda alleviate kapha dosha and decimate the heaviness and stagnation in digestive tract. That’s why used in ayurvedic treatment of appendicitis. Kajjali works as a rejuvenative, antimicrobial and yogavahi and helps augmenting the potency of the formulation. This is the choicest drug for kaphaja digestive disorders. Buy agnitundi rasa, agnitundi on our online store. Benefits Stomach disorders like Digestion
- It increases digestive power. Used in Ayurvedic digestive tonic practice in treating fever associated with indigestion.
- It helps in treating Agnimandya (Digestion impairment/ loss of appetite/ low digestive power) – In this condition agnitundi vati is used with lemon juice. It is best digestive tonic when taken with lemon water.
- In conditions like Aadhmana (gastric trouble and bloating)
- It restores normal digestion by stimulating the release of juices that helps digestion through liver, pancreas and small intestine.
- It improves appetite, digestion, and taste.
- It is useful in treating Diarrhoea & Dysentery of varied etiology.
- Also it is a effective remedy for the treatment of intestinal colic, abdominal colic and renal colic.
- It reduces kapha and Vata. It gives strength to the heart. It shows the beneficial effect on Vata-Kapha dominant liver diseases.
- Liver Enlargement
- In jaundice,where edema on face is there, this remedy works like wonders. Liver enlargement, gaseous distension, stomach pain, diarrhea, low appetite in all these physical conditions, Agnitundi vati is given with warm water & aarogyavardhani vati . It can be given along with kumaryasav.
Large Intestine obstruction Undigested food particles lying in the large intestine undergoes fermentation which causes a lot of acidity. Due to this one gets the feeling of fullness, pain in abdomen will start. Stress, gaseous distension in stomach & vomiting sensation is also there. At this moment Agnitundi vati is given with ajwain decoction or cold infusion. This remedy clears up all the obstructed food material and helps in pacifying vata. This is why Agnitundi vati is used as a key medicine in Ayurvedic treatment for Appendicitis. Intestinal worms
- It is helpful in eradicating Udara krimi (intestinal worm infestation)
- Agnitundi Vati taken with Vidangasava is a very effective remedy for Kaphaj Krimi (worm infestation).
- Also helpful in treating fever, Ama Jwara (Fever due to indigestion of food) so it acts like digestive tonic and aids in digestion.
- It helps to digest Ama (toxin made due to undigested food) and slowly fever subsides. Mahasudarshan Vati may be additionally taken along with it.
- It is helpful in treatment of Ama Vata (Rheumatoid Arthritis).
- Agnitundi Vati along with Amavatadi Ras and Punarnavadi guggul in rheumatoid arthritis.
Agnitundi vati detoxifies body It is an excellent ama pachak medicine i.e. it digests ‘ama’ the toxic metabolite of indigested food and thus helps in detoxification of the body. This property of Agnitundi Vati makes it effective remedy for Arthritis. Q1 How to take in loss of appetite? A1 In digestive impairment or loss of appetite, 1 tablet (125mg) of Agnitundi Vati can be taken twice daily before meal with lukewarm water. Q2 What will be the dosage in gastric issues? A2 In gastritis, abdominal pain & bloating, 1 tablet twice a day after meal with lukewarm water is suggested. Ingredients
- Suta (Parada) – Shuddha – 1 Part
- Visha (Vatsanabha) – Shuddha – 1 Part
- Gandha (Gandhaka) – Shuddha – 1 Part
- Ajmoda – 1 Part
- Haritaki – 1 Part
- Bibhitaka – 1 Part
- Amalaki – 1 Part
- Svarjikshara – 1 Part
- Yava kshara (Yava) – 1 Part
- Vahni (Chitraka) – 1 Part
- Saindhava Lavana – 1 Part
- Jiraka (Shveta jiraka) – 1 Part
- Sauvarcala Lavana – 1 Part
- Vidanga – 1 Part
- Samudra Lavana – 1 Part
- Tankana – Shuddha – 1 Part
- Vishamushti – Shuddha – 16 Parts
- Jambiramla (Jambira) – Q.S. for Mardana
All these ingredients make it a well known Ayurvedic digestive tonic and a detoxifier.