Hindi Name –Hadjora
English name – Edible stemmed vine, Winged Treebine
Sanskrit name—asthi- samharaka, literally means ‘protecting bones from destruction’.
Part used- Stem extract 750 mg
Rich source of vitamin C & calcium ions, Carotenoids, Triterpenoids, traaxerol, sitosterol and ascorbic acid, Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium & calcium phosphates as well. There is presence of Calcium oxalate in fresh herbs.
Guna According to Ayurvedic Terminologies
Guna (qualities) – Laghu – light to digest, Rooksha – dryness
Rasa (taste) – Madhura – sweet
Vipaka– Katu – Undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion
Veerya – Ushna – Hot potency
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata and Kapha Dosha & increases pitta dosha
- Digestive, Carminative & Wormicidal in nature. –
- Used as external paste in fractures, inflammatory & painful conditions.
- During epistaxis its juice is used in nostrils to stop bleeding.
- In Ear Discharge Hadjod juice is used.
- It is used in the treatment of Obesity, Gout, Syphilis, Veneral diseases, leucorrhea, worm infestation, anorexia, hemorrhoids, Diabetes, peptic ulcer, and high cholesterol.
- It is also consumed as a body building supplement. In North-east region of India, its stem is cooked as a vegetable.
Ø In Siddha system of medicine, it is used for healing piles, as an anti aging herb, in Asthma, cough and gonorrhea.
Ø ACCELERATES FRACTURE HEALING & INCREASES BONE STRENGTH
- Hadjod ensures increases ossification (bone formation) and strengthens bone tensile strength, which accelerates fracture healing.
- Increases bone mineral density
- Helps strengthen the integrity of bones by supporting the delicate, healthy equilibrium between bone restoration and bone formation.
- Stimulates bone metabolism and increases the uptake of the minerals calcium, phosphorus, sulfur, and strontium by osteoblasts (bone-forming cells).
- The action is also helpful in preventing osteoporosis-related fractures. Ayurvedic treatment for fractures has hadjod as the main ingredient.
- Helps in relieving the pain and inflammation associated with fractures.
Research on Cissus quadrangularis
1. Research demonstrates that Hadjod reduces the healing time of broken bones 30 to 50 percent in clinical trials.
- It has bactericidal effects on Helicobacter pylori, which shows it can prove as an effective treatment of gastric ulcers, and also it can prevent stomach cancer if given as a adjuvant with anti-inflammatory therapy.
How to use Cissus quadrangularis for arthritis?
सघृतेन अस्थिसम्हारं सन्धियुक्ते अस्थिभग्ने च पिबेत क्षीरेण मानव: ॥ – चक्रदत्त
This shloka suggest that Hadjod (Cissus quadrangularis) stem is cooked in ghee and administered with milk as for the ayurvedic treatment of fractures and osteo arthritis.
Cissus quadrangularis stem processed in sesame oil is very useful to treat Sandhivata.
Ayurvedic medicine with Cissus as a major constituent
Lakshadi Guggul – widely used in the Ayurvedic treatment for bone-related diseases and fracture healing.
Panchajeeraka Gudam – An effective Ayurvedic medicine for post natal care, useful in digestive and respiratory diseases. It is in herbal jam form.
Please Pay Attention
Please consult your physician before consuming in the following situations:
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
Please consult your physician if symptoms persist.
Each Capsule contains: Asthisamhara (Cissus quadrangularis) stem extract – 750 mg
Why Ayurveda24 hadjod?
Free from sugar, artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives.
750 mg standardized extract of hadjod
Others have 250 mg /500 mg powders or extracts.
More potent – concentrated.
The cost of the raw herb is less than 1/10 the price of extract which we use in our capsules.
The raw herb is gathered from green & pollution free air of Himalayan region, south India –Kerala & Madhya Pradesh.
No preservatives or chemicals added.
The specialized method adopted to make extracts so that the herb does not lose its working element and ‘Guna’.
BEST Quality standardized extracts
Why use Hadjod to Elemental calcium available in Modern Science?
Hadjod contains calcium which has high absorption in our gut unlike elemental calcium citrate or oxalate tablet available in the market which is 98 % excreted from our gut.
Hadjod does not get deposited as stone in our kidneys as calcium oxalate can.
No gastric irritation, constipation & stomach upset will occur with Hadjod capsules.
No nausea or vomiting or decreased appetite like with elemental calcium.
Any confusion? Please call/what’s app/ Viber us for a free consultation!!!!
Have any questions do email us or WhatsApp/call/Viber 8699017567