RASNA- Pluchea lacneolata
one of the Best herbs for pain Relief.
(Pluchea lacneolata) Chemical composition sterols,triterpenoids, lavonoids (quercetin, isorhamnetin, daidzein), triterpenes, sitosterols, taraxosterols, pluchine and lactones originate from this plant. Guna according to Ayurvedic terminologies Rasa: Tikta Guna : Guru or heavy Virya: Ushna or hot potency Vipaka(taste after conversion): katu Prabhav- vishghan According to Ayurvedic Teminology Amapachana – digests the undigested food which is known as “ama” Jwaraghna – This herb has anti-pyretic properties. Kasahara – it also inhibits coughs Shotahara – It possess anti-inflammatory property. Swasahara – It is good in asthma or respiratory distress. Raktashodhaka – this herb purifies blood. Rasayana – It rejuvenatives body cells and nourishes them. Vedanasthapana – it removes pain from whole body. Vatahara – It has property to pacify vata dosha & is considered one of the best herbs for pain relief. Vishaghna – It posses anti-poison property. It removes toxins from body. Vrisya – It has aphrodisiac properties & builds good shukra USES: Rasna (Pluchea lacneolata) is a natural cure for all DISESAES of the nervous system. Rasna helps in the conditions like sciatica, neuritis, and chronic inflammation of muscles and the nervous system. Terminal part of the large intestine is mainly dominated by vata, so problems like constipation, regurgitation & flatulence are well cured by this herb. It works as a Rasayana and a drug of choice to delay process of aging. Effect on Doshas: – vata hara & pitta vardhak. Decreases vata & elevates pitta dosha. Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Rasna. Benefits Used in Vitiated conditions of Kapha and vata & specially indicated in vata diseases like Rhematoid arthritis, Osteo-arthritis, gouty arthritis & inflammations in any joint. Rasna is used in digestive disturbances like flatulence, abdominal colic and indigestion. For removing chilliness or cold its lepam or paste is used which brings warmth to the body. Its paste is used various Inflammatory & painful conditions.
- In painful inflammatory conditions of vata only rasna or rasnasaptak kwath is given. Specially used in gouty arthritis & other blood purifying diseases. Research shows rasna leaves posses cox-2 inhibitor like action.
- It is given in ama, gulma, stomach pain & constipation. Its digest the indigested toxic food ‘ama’ & relieves patient from pain & also get rid of toxicity. It may lead to a bit of loose motion which decreases stool toxicity as well.
- It is used in fevers specially in rheumatic fevers as it has a anti-pyretic property. It decreases pain, inflammation & fever as well in all types of fevers.
- It also increases patient’s energy levels. Also is used in various toxic conditions.
- Rasnais useful in skin diseases like itching, ring worm and eczema. In skin diseases, a paste of Rasna roots prepared in cow’s urine is applied. Its decoction is also used to wash the affected area.
- Rasna has a specific action for delay sign of aging.
- In painful conditions it is used with Ashwagandha, Sameerpanag Rasa, Curcumin & Mahayograj Guggul.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|· SPECIALLY used in rheumatoid arthritis, neurological diseases, sciatica, edema, bronchitis, dyspepsia, cough, psoriasis and piles. · IT benefits in diseases of nervous system, joints, alleviates dryness and slows down the ageing process. · Rasna is the best Vata pacifying Ayurveda herb. Used in ayurveda since ages for pain relieving property · It possesses anti-inflammatory properties, which relieves muscle pain and joint aches & pain. Research shows it possess cox-2 inhibitor activity that’s why used in herbs for pain. · As an antioxidant, the herb scavenges free radicals in the body. · Research shows that rasna inhibits the fatty acids synthesis and is also having lipid lowering activity.|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|Powder 3-6 gm, Decoction-50-100ml, leaves|
|Actions||Thermogenic, aromatic, nervine tonic, stimulant, carminative, stomachic, aphrodisiac, expectorant, bronchodilator, anti-inflammatory and tonic|