Hindi Name : Guggul English Name : Herbs For Cholesterol Guggul, Bdellium Botanical Name : Commiphora mukul commiphora wightii Guggul is an essential herb in the Ayurvedic custom and keeping in mind that it is once in a while taken independent from anyone else, a whole class of drugs has been worked around the utilization of guggul. Guggul is one of the best herb for heart blockages. Also, as it serves as best herbs for cholesterol reduction. Chemical Constituents 0.37% essential oil,containing essentially myrecene, dimyrecene and polymyrecene. It also contains Z-guggulsterones, E-guggulsterone, guggulsterol-I, guggulsterol-II and guggulsterol-III. Guna According to Ayurvedic Terminologies Rasa (Taste): Bitter, pungent, astringent, sweet Quality (Guna): Light, penetrating, (ruksha)dry Vitality (Virya): (Pitta)Heating Vipaka (Post-digestion quality ): Pungent Impact on Vata/Pitta/Kapha (Dosha): can aggravate Pitta in excess( vayu har property) Tissue (Dhatu): All Channel (Srotas): Circulatory, digestive, nervous, respiratory USES
- Hypolipidemic Activity
It brings down cholesterol levels in blood. The hypolipidemic(cholesterol lowering effect) action could be ascribed to a few factors including hindrance of cholesterol biosynthesis and upgrade in cholesterol degradation and increased excretion. Guggulsterone have the ability of restraining oxidative alteration of LDL & thus serves best herbs for cholesterol(LDL- which is bad cholestrol) reduction. Guggul fundamentally brings down serum triglycerides and cholesterol and also LDL and VLDL cholesterol. Research demonstrates Guggul uniquely represses liver cholesterol biosynthesis that’s why it is one of the best herbs for Cholesterol inhibtion. So, guggul is considered as one of best herbs for heart problems.
- Impact on Platelet Aggregation and Fibrinolytic Activity
Guggulsterone restrains platelets aggregation and give security against myocardial ischemia incited by isoproterenol. In a Research Serum fibrinolytic activity was found to increment, while the platelet adhesive index diminished, which was factually critical in healthy people and in CAD patients. That is the reason guggul is utilized in treatment of Coronary Artery Disease & is one of the best herb for heart blockages.
- Thyroid Stimulatory Activity
In a Research Guggulsterone an active ingredient of guggul was found to have thyroid stimulatory activity. In the research, it led to significant increase in different thyroid function parameters, like uptake of iodine by the thyroid, enzymes involved in the synthesis of thyroid hormones, and tissue oxygen uptake.
- Anti-Inflammatory and Antiarthritic Activity
It is utilized since ages in pain and aches of Joint. The buildups inside the tissues(aam rasa) is frequently the base of the issue. Guggul’s scratching and detoxifying qualities act to clear these poisons(aam rasa) from the joints. It is used with shallaki & Ashwagandha to treat joint pain.
- Antioxidant Activity
It inhibits the oxidation of cholesterol and consequent hardening of the arteries and also reduced the stickiness of platelet. It moreover cut down the risk of CAD (Coronary Artery Disease).
- Antiatherosclerotic Activity
LDL aggregates in atherosclerotic lesions and is the significant source of the cholesterol deposition in human foam cells. In a research Guggulsterones, inhibit in vitro LDL oxidation thus saves you from atherosclerosis. Thus, it is one of the best herb for heart diseases & is used in various formulations.
- Cardioprotective Activity
- The antioxidant effect of guggul helps in reducing cholesterol in arteries and also it stops the hardening of arteries. In a Research Guggulipid which is an active ingredient of guggul has been found to safe heart muscles against myocardial (dead tissue) infarction and known to bring about thyrogenic effect.
- That is the reason guggul is generally utilized herbs for heart blockages also.
- Guggulsterones are researched more & have found to be successful cardioprotectives & cholesterol reducers. Due to the presence of Guuggulsterones only it is rated one of best herbs for cholesterol biosynthesis.
- Cytotoxic Activity
Research demonstrate cell protective activity of guggul. It is used in various cancers especially prostate cancer.
- Skin Diseases
- Guggul have an uncommon nature of giving a double advantage to Herbs for cholesterol healthy skin, i.e. antisebum and antioxidant activity. The active ingredients give control of sebum emission from sebocytes, enhanced oil control and enhanced skin feel, counteract sparkle and stickiness.
- Also, guggul shields skin from harming free radical movement, which brings about reduced appearance of wrinkles and matured skin, enhanced skin color, enhance skin’s brilliance & makes your skin healthy & youthful.
- Guggul tones the dermis and accordingly diminishing the profundity of wrinkles.
- It additionally diminishes the redness and swelling that happens in a few sorts of skin break out (acne).
- Antihyperglycemic Activity
- In a study guggul was found to exhibit hypoglycemic impact.
- The outcomes recommended that guggulsterone has both hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic impacts which can help cure Type II diabetes, that’s why it is listed in group of herbs for diabetes.
- Antimicrobial Activity
- Research proves guggul to have antibacterial action against many microbes like Klebsiella.
- It has been established Guggul works against many Gram-positive bacteria and moderate action against Gram-negative bacteria.
- Obesity management
- Guggul stimulates thyroid gland which in turn enhances assimilation, and quickens metabolism to pass the nourishment along the GIT tract rapidly.
- Guggul is one of the best herbs for fat burning.
- In light of standards of Ayurveda, weight increases when Vata vitiates Kapha. This gum is uniquely utilized as a part of weight reduction preparations. All ayurvedic medicines made for weight loss contain Guggul alongside other intense fat loss herbs.
- Digestive Disorders
- It goes about as liver rejuvenator and detoxifies liver.
- It is additionally useful in disposing of hemorrhoids, constipation and intestinal parasites.
- Female Health
Guggul is suggested in female infertility and menstrual issue. This can be utilized as a part of ayurvedic treatment for PCOS or PCOD.
- Tumor/Cancer Treatment
- Guggulsterone additionally decreased constitutive NF-kappa B initiation communicated in most tumor cells.
- Guggulsterone diminished the expression of genes in against apoptosis, multiplication and metastasis, this corresponded with upgrade of apoptosis actuated by TNF and chemotherapeutic operators.
- So, gugul is widely used in Herbs For Cholesterol, Ayurvedic treatment for cancer along with Ashwagandha.
DOSAGE One capsule is recommended twice daily i.e. morning and evening after or in between meals. Presentation 350 mg of extract of guggul vegetarian caps fortified with guggulosterons this is best herbs for cholesterol.